Departmet of Automobile Engineering
Automotive Engineering, the world over, continues to be a major employer of professional engineers owing to the unending challenge of mass production and the desire to make a perfect Vehicle
The School of Automobile Engineering offers the following programme:
- B.Tech Automobile Engineering
The School of Automobile Engineering was established as a Department in the year 2005.
Students are trained in various laboratories to enhance their practical skills. Allied subjects such as Fundamentals of Computing, Basic Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, etc., are also included for the students in the curriculum which enable the students to:
- Have a thorough understanding of the advanced automotive systems
- Apply concepts of mechanical engineering science to solve problems
- Deal with complex engineering issues in systematic and a creative way
- Demonstrate the capability and skills to plan and execute a project
The general learning outcomes are:
- Knowledge and under standing
- Intellectual skills
- Professional and practical skills
- Transferrable key skills
The school has a highly qualified team of dedicated and motivated Academic Faculty & Technical Tutors with a rich blend of Industrial and Academic background.
The department’s extensive laboratories and facilities include the world renowned Degener Lehrmittel Experimental setups from Germany for the State of art Cars and Cutting Edge Technology.
The lab also has basic drive simulator and numerous instrumented chassis test set ups, comprehensive computing facilities and much more.
- Chassis, Off Highway 2&3 Wheeler Vehicle Lab
- Advanced Vehicle Training & CAN Bus System Lab
- Automotive Engineering & Components Lab
- Auto Electrical & Electronics lab
- Fuels and Lubricants Lab
- Automobile Pollution Lab
- Vehicle Maintenance Lab
- Auto Engine & Comp Lab
- Kinematics & Dynamics Lab
- Hydraulic & Pneumatics Lab
- CAD Lab
- Departmental library
- Server Configuration: Intel Pentium IV 3GHz CPU, Core 2 Duo, 1 GB DDR 2 RAM 80 GB HDD
- Operating System: Windows XP Version
- Configuration: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz CPU, 512? GB RAM, 14 Nos
- Auto CAD
- Solid Works
- Apart from the central library, department maintains its own library with titles on Automobile Engineering subjects.
SAEINDIA Collegiate Chapter
A student Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and Auto club helps in improving the hands on skills of students.